Thursday, July 3, 2008

Catching Up: Cedar Point Pictures

So I know I'm a whole week behind on the pictures. First, my apologies. Second, let me make it up to you by bombarding you with a whole slew of pictures from my recent road trip with my friend Dan to Cedar Point, which is an amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio that has some of the biggest and fastest rides in the country. This first picture is of a fortune cookie my roommate got and has posted on our fridge. I didn't notice it until I was about to leave for Cedar Point. Pretty situation appropriate, if you ask me.


This below is Maverick, one of the best roller coasters I've ever ridden. It makes everything at the local Six Flags Great America look tame.


A quick pic of Snoopy, the park's mascot, and their fastest ride called Top Thrill Dragster. Themed like a dragster race car track, the damn thing goes from 0 to 125 mph in about 3 seconds. And yes, that's a 90 degree incline on the way up, and a 90 degree drop on the way down. It made me see stars in the crazy cartoon sense of the phrase and made me regret the Taco Bell I'd eaten earlier.


One more ride picture, this one of a steel coaster that does lots of nifty loop the loops and flips. It was like the Batman roller coaster at Great America, only longer and more intense.


A view of the park, which sits on a peninsula that juts out into Lake Erie. There was always a nice breeze coming off the lake, which makes those ridiculously long wait times for rides a little more bearable.


Dan, eating some of the park's famous fudge. It melts in your mouth and is some of the richest fudge I've ever had. I don't think I've ever seen this kid so happy.

No comments: