Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Blogging Hiatus Recap

So, dear friends, I've been away for awhile. I've had some mishaps, some adventures, and accomplished a few things. Let me show you a few:

Celebration: I toasted to the New Year with a good looking young man...
Happy surprise: I found a vending machine that serves all kind of addictions...nicotine, chocolate...

Industriousness: I found time to bake, and learned to cook a few new things (my own version chicken chili, homemade chicken pot pie, apple crisp, and macadamia and chocolate chip cookies all went in the 'win' column)...
Stranded: I was officially the last one living on Farwell Avenue to realize it's one giant tow-away zome during snow emergencies. It turned into a ghost town, and I got my car stuck in the snow twice trying to trek out to my dad's house (with it's sweet promise of a garage and plowed drive-way)...

Relief: The first of what is hopefully many acceptance letters to a Ph.D. program, so that I can fulfill my goal of becoming a professor and academically stressing out the--ahem--future leaders of tomorrow...

1 comment:

Jess said...

"Whee!" for the acceptance and baking.

"Boo!" for the snow.

"Hola!" for the looker ;)